Monday, January 17, 2011

A week for the ladies...

Last week, I started to notice a pattern in the way I was dressing. I was embracing longer skirts and girly accessories. Lady-like looks, including longer skirts, 50s-style sweaters, and gloves and pearls, have been making their way into my style conscience since the Fall 2010 Louis Vuitton runway looks. While some may find this trend boring, I actually feel that making longer skirts and classic shapes look current is more of a challenge. These looks are ultimately what will help you create a timeless and effortless wardrobe appropriate for your 20s to 50s. It's the Betty Draper in all of us wanting to come out. So this week is dedicated to everything lady-like. Keep your eyes peeled for some discount codes to select Etsy stores. I will be posting these deals on Twitter and Facebook so make sure you follow me on both. 
I have been trying to slowly incorporate some of my Christmas gifts into my current wardrobe, and I have had to resist the urge to wear all my gifts at once. I think I have been displaying amazing self control. It's hard though since I got such thoughtful, nice gifts. First of all, I have to commend the boy for getting me this amazing necklace that is something I would have definitely picked out for myself, but something I would have never bought for myself. And secondly, I am in love with these shoes. I tipped off Santa when Nine West was having a great sale and so here they are. As for the rest of the outfit, I love the classic shape of this skirt and its paper bag wrinkled texture. With a skirt this big and a turtleneck that clingy this outfit really accentuates a lady-like silhouette with its cinched waist. And the very neural colors made it easy to wear the leopard print pattern and bright red lipstick.
Target turtleneck; H&M skirt; Anne Klein sweater tights; Banana Republic necklace; Nine West shoes






































(Top photo via Fashion Gone Rogue)

3 comments:

smitten in cle said...

I nearly died with love over Louis Vuitton's fall ad campaign! So on trend with the ladylike feature and I can see this being huge for spring. Can't wait to do some serious Etsy shopping :)

Farm Girl Fashionista said...

Adore the LV ad!! Where ladies dress like ladies..I'm ready! Your look is fabulous...love the shoes! Just found you through a Glambassador FB post..I'm a North East/Central Ohio blogger! Will be following through Bloglovin! =)

http://thefarmgirlfashionista.blogspot.com/

Dina's Days said...

That skirt is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. It's so flattering. I am really trying to revamp my wardrobe and get rid of a lot of trendy pieces and buy more classic items. I look forward to the deals, I could use some help!