Wednesday, January 19, 2011

An old classic: The striped shirt




































I mentioned yesterday that part of the reason these lady-like looks are easy to wear is because they usually involve very classic pieces that you should always have in your wardrobe. I took that concept and applied it to a recent trend. Classic elements such as this knee-length black skirt, crisp white blouse, and bright red lipstick are updated by layering on a striped shirt. I also wore these brass hoop earrings and wine-color boots because of the Americana Ralph Lauren feel of this outfit. The striped shirt is definitely an old classic, but something that has been really on trend lately. So many of the classics have come back recently.
If you haven't already, enter to win these vintage earrings and pin. And keep checking my Facebook page and twitter profile for discount codes for Etsy. 
Charming Charlie's earrings (gift); NY&Co. blouse; Ralph Lauren top; Skirt (?); Franco Sarto boots

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I wish I could have some of your Midwest moxie and be brave enough to take pictures in foul weather :) It is inspiring!

As is your outfit! I love the striped shirt over the button-down and skirt paired with those tall boots!! Those boots are gorgeous!!

Kristin said...

Such a classic look. Love the way you styled the stripes!

rebecca s. said...

lovely outfit!

but oh my, this southern california girl is freezing just looking at all that snow!

Stacey Kay said...

Hello fellow Cleveland blogger, I am just now discovering your blog! I'm gonna follow you!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland