Thursday, January 20, 2011

70s lady






































Lady like looks are not only influenced by the long poofy skirts of the 40s and 50s, but also the long-sleeved billowy blouses and high-waisted wide-leg pants of the 70s. I am not wearing said pants here, but they would be an excellent compliment to this polka-dot bow-tie blouse, which is sheer by the way. And what is more lady like than a cardigan, pearls, and a pencil skirt. The cardigan was a gift from my sister that I unfortunately had to return because of a missing button, but instantly felt OK returning when I saw this coral version.

If you haven't already, please enter this Vintage pin and earring giveaway as well as this Floral beaded necklace giveaway. And follow me on Facebook and Twitter for more deals on Etsy. Send me your best lady like look at cosmocleve@gmail.com and I will feature it on Friday!

NY&Co. cardigan (gift); H&M top; Arden B pencil skirt; Vintage Ann Taylor shoes; Banana Republic pearl bracelet

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I totally am wearing a polka dot tie blouse today too!! Great style minds think alike!! :)

I LOVE this look - the polka dots add such a fun detail and the bright pop of coral is so dramatic against the snowy landscape!

Dina's Days said...

Love, love, love the idea of this blouse with 70s inspired jeans. Looks good!

Kristin said...

I love that blouse! And I agree that paired with flares it would be fabulous too!

rebecca s. said...

that blouse is too cute! i love your entire outfit!

Annebeth said...

your blouse is supergorgeous and I love it with that red cardi!